Social media is all about user-generated content. Social media sites allow online users to communicate, engage and recommend things to one another about pretty much any topic imaginable.
Developing a unique social media strategy for your company will help you to:
- Find prospects instead of waiting for them to come to you
- Communicate with and engage customers and prospects alike
- Discover when people are mentioning your brand, products or services online
- Provide superior customer service for your consumers
- Deal with potentially negative situations before they can turn into a PR nightmare
- Drive relevant traffic to your website
- Become known as experts or authorities within your industries
Those are just a few of the ways you can use social media to not only generate new business and income, but to help increase current customer satisfaction.
Forms of Social Media
Social media can come in various forms such as social networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter, video sharing communities like YouTube or social news sites like Digg, or even niche-specific community sites, such as music or movie forums.
When it comes to social media, it’s important first to determine exactly what you want to achieve with your social media strategy. Once we’ve identified your goals, we can begin developing the perfect strategy to achieve them.
Your social media marketing strategy could include:
- Messaging - what information is shared with your social community and how is that different than what the general public or your VIP customers receive. If all the information is the same there' no reason to join your social network. Membership must have it's privileges.
- Viral Marketing – creating buzz worthy content or video, spread through social media, which results in online conversation about your company or brand as well as links and traffic back to your site.
- Community Development – developing a community site where fans of your general industry can gather to interact, share recommendations, discuss products, and generally spread brand awareness for you.
- Social Profile Creation – creating and managing profiles on social networking sites to attract visitors and interact with prospective clients.
- Social Media Monitoring – Setting up alerts through various sites that allow you to be notified anytime your company, product or service is mentioned in online conversations.
- Comprehensive Social Media Campaigns – developing comprehensive social media marketing strategies to spread brand recognition, build fans of your business, build organic links and send traffic to your site. This could encompass all of the above services.